Support Relentless Excellence!
Make a Gift Today!
Choose a Giving Level
Represented the USA at Expo ’92 in Seville, Spain
Dallas Black Dance Theatre performs for 1996 Olympic Festival in Atlanta, Georgia being the first and only Texas arts organization to ever be invited to be an Olympic Cultural Olympiad participant.
Designated an “American Masterpiece Touring Artist” by the National Endowment for the Arts.
2008 celebrated the opening of Dallas Black Dance Theatre’s new headquarters in Dallas’ downtown Arts District.
Dallas Black Dance Theatre receives 1998 invitation from South Africa’s Minister of Arts, Culture and Sports as featured guest for South Africa’s largest festival and to perform educational programs in the cities of Johannesburg, Capetown, Pretoria and Soweto.
PAST NOTABLE PERFORMANCES
- Dance Women/Living Legends
- New York City 1997
- Olympic Arts Festival
- Atlanta, GA 1996
- Commissioning for the Gershwin Centennial
- Kennedy Center 1998, Texas, Montana, Utah, Washington (state), New York, Pennsylvania, Austria
- Lincoln Center Out of Doors Festival
- New York City 1997 & 2004
- Commissioning by the President’s Committee on the Arts and Humanities (based upon Dallas’ Nasher Sculpture Center)
- Dallas and nationally 2004
- Masters of African-American Choreography
- Kennedy Center 2005
- Commissioning collaboration with Dallas Symphony Orchestra
- Dallas 2006
- Nasher Sculpture Center George Segal Seascapes Exhibit
- Dallas 2008